A beta version of the self-custodial Ethereum wallet is available to download now from GameStop’s website.
Video game retailer GameStop (GME) has unveiled a digital asset wallet for storing, sending and receiving crypto and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) ahead of the launch of its NFT marketplace later this year.
- A beta version of the self-custodial Ethereum wallet is available to download now from GameStop’s website.
- The wallet will enable gamers to send and receive in-game assets without having to leave their web browsers.
- GameStop in its fourth-quarter earnings report in March, announced its plans to start a NFT marketplace by the end of July.
- The firm partnered with layer 2 system Immutable X for its marketplace which will sit atop Ethereum
- Shares of GameStop, which trade on the New York Stock Exchange, were up 2.67% at $98.21 in pre-market trading.